I like to think I’m a generally happy person. I mean I have my down days, doesn’t everyone, but compare the me of today to me the me of three years ago and I can admit I am so much happier now than I was then. I was tagged by Izzi at Ravenclaw Book Club. Thanks so much for the tag Izzi, I had a lot of fun with this one and I hope you enjoyed reading it as much.
No rules for this one, it’s just a couple of lists of things that make me happy.
List Five Things That Make You Happy
- The feeling when…I’ve come home from a long day at work, or just a long day out and about, and I can finally relax. I get changed into my pyjamas, take out my contact lenses, turn on my TV so I can play one of my favourite DVDs and turn on my laptop so I can start reading or blogging.
- The feeling when…I see my friends again after a long time not seeing them. Granted we all live quite close but because of our jobs and families and other real life obligations we don’t get to see each other all that often. I speak to them pretty much every day, but can go months without seeing them in person sometimes.
- The feeling when…I’ve been out for a couple of hours with my family and my dog is really excited to see us come home again. Tommy is a retired greyhound and can be very lazy, but if there’s been no one at home with him the second we walk up to the front door he races to wait in the hall, and then when we open the door he’s jumping out at us and just looking so happy to see us all back home again.
- That feeling when…I’m about to leave on holiday someone new. Whenever I go away on holiday I always seem to have an early flight at the crack of dawn so by the time I get to the airport I’m always shattered, but there’s nothing quite like that feeling of knowing soon you’ll be in a completely different country preparing to have amazing adventures.
- The feeling when…I’ve got something to look forwards to. It doesn’t have to be a big something, in fact most times its just the idea of walking down to Oxford Street after work and spending some money, but it’s the thought of it that gets me through work, through the long week. Sometimes the anticipation is better than the event itself.
Obviously I didn’t include book but I have a book blog so it should be pretty obvious books are something that make me happy.
List Five Songs That Make You Happy
- Busted – That’s What I Go to School For
My sister used to love Busted, in fact I’d say she was obsessed with them when she was younger, and as such they were the first band I saw live. Whenever I hear this song, which admittedly isn’t that often, I always think of my sister and it always makes me smile.
- Muse – Time is Running Out
The first time I heard this song I was in Milan with my parents. It was just the three of us and it was the first time I’d been to Italy; a country I’d always wanted to visit. Basically I had a great time and this song always reminds me of that holiday. Later this was the first band I saw live with one of my best friends.
- Paramore – Misery Business
Way back when when I was in Sixth Form our Common Room, where we could hang out in between classes, had a CD player so of course everyone would create mixes to play. This song was pretty much on all of them and it reminds me of being back there; playing card games and spending hours chatting with my friends.
- Pharrell Williams – Happy
This is one of my mum’s favourite songs by one of her favourite artist, I think she has a little crush on Pharrell if I’m being honest, so anytime I hear it I think of my mum.
- Fall Out Boy – Sugar, We’re Goin Down
Of course I had to include Fall Out Boy on here somewhere. They’re my favourite band so anytime I hear one of their songs it always makes me happy, and Sugar, We’re Goin Down was actually the first song by them I ever heard so it’s special in that way as well.
The links will take you to the official YouTube videos.
- Azia at The Uncharted Word
- Gretchen at Chic Nerd Reads
- Jacquie at Rattle the Stars
- Sammie at Bookshelves & Biros
And if there’s anyone else out there who wants to take part, consider yourself tagged. Just send me a link to your post in the comments so I can see what your answers are.