I am still very behind on my tags and awards (I’m going to have to start posting more of them each week to start making a dent in the queue I’ve got building up) so while I do have more than 200 followers now at the time I was nominated for this award I had less.
I was nominated for the Liebster Award by Heather at The Sassy Book Geek and Gracie at Gracie FM. Thank you both so much for the nomination, I’m only sorry it took me this long to get around to posting my response to both your questions. If you haven’t visited either of their blogs then I would highly recommend it, they are both amazing people who have some wonderful posts you should seriously consider checking out.
- Acknowledge the blog that nominated you and display the award.
- Answer 11 question that the blog gives you.
- Give 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5-11 blogs you think are deserving of the award that have less than 200 followers.
- Let the blogs know you have nominated them.
- Give them 11 questions to answer.
- Who is your favourite super hero and why?
I am a Marvel fan over DC, and honestly I’m not sure why, but my favourite superhero is Captain America. Ever since I saw The Avengers (which I watched before Captain America: The First Avenger for some reason) Captain America has been my favourite and I’m 50% sure it’s simply because Chris Evans plays him.
- What is your favourite fictional world, besides Hogwarts? (Sorry but that’s probably a majority of people’s answers and I want you to think outside the box, I know I’m evil)
You know I don’t think my first pick would even be Hogwarts. It would actually be Wonderland. Alice in Wonderland is one of the first books I can remember reading and one of my first favourite books so Wonderland wins hands down when it comes to my favourite fictional world.
- What’s your favourite book that got turned into a movie/TV series?
My favourite book turned into a movie has got to be The Book Thief, if I thought the book tore me apart it was nothing compared to seeing it on the big screen.
- What is your favourite sea creature?
Manta rays. I actually went swimming with them last year while in Cancun, it was such a great experience.
- Would you rather rid the world of “Fifty Shades of Gray” or “Twilight”?
Fifty Shades of Grey. I didn’t even need to think about that one for too long.
- Tom Hiddleston or Chris Evans?
Chris Evans. Like before I didn’t even need to think on that one for long.
- What is your favourite kind of soda? If you don’t drink soda then what is your favourite drink?
Pepsi Max. I drink so much that my friend’s actually said more than once if she cut me I’d probably bleed fizzy drinks.
- What is your favourite snack/food that didn’t originate in your country?
Chimney cakes (Kürtőskalács if you’re a local) which I became addicted to while in Prague a couple of years ago. They were seriously yummy and honestly I’d travel back to Prague just to get more of them.
- Who is your favourite actor and your favourite actress?
My favourite actor would have to be Andy Samberg just because he is hilarious and amazing in Brooklyn Nine-Nine, and everything else I’ve seen him in for that matter. My favourite actress is Jennifer Lawrence because she’s an amazing actress who is getting some great roles, and she just seems like the kind of person everyone wants to be best friends with.
- Are you a dog person or a cat person?
Definitely a dog person. I grew up with a dog in the house and recently we got another one, a retired racing greyhound named Tommy, he’s so adorable but really lazy so he fits in well with the rest of the family.
- What is your favourite movie/TV show theme song?
At the moment This is the Hunt by Ruelle from the Shadowhunters TV show. I’ve been listening to all her songs on repeat for the past couple of days because they’re all seriously amazing.
- Where is your favourite place in the world and why?
Cromer, Norfolk. It was the first place I went on holiday with my family when I was four, and we went back every year up until I was in my twenties. Honestly some of my happiest memories are there and it’s a place I always want to go back to just to relive the holidays we had when I were younger. I’m hoping to convince my sister to travel up there again one day soon.
- What subject do you wish you knew more about?
History. I love reading time travel books, and I love going to museums and national heritage sites. I wish it was a subject I’d decided to carry on when I took my GCSE’s, I think I’d really have enjoyed actually learning more about what life was like back then.
- Where is your favourite spot to read?
My room. If it’s a cold day and I want to be cosy I’ll lie in bed with a book, a hot drink and some snacks and waste an afternoon reading something from my to-read list. Occasionally I’ll sit in my chair surrounded by pillows with my Kindle and my iPod on shuffle. Unfortunately most of my reading happens on the train on my daily commute to work.
- What fictional character do you want to be more like?
Characters like Hermione from Harry Potter, Penelope from Carry On and Iolanthe from The Elemental Trilogy. Characters who are intelligent (which I like to think I am) but are capable and confident in themselves and their intelligence (which is something I really need to work on).
- What is your favourite take away food?
If I can only pick one then Chinese, if I get to pick two then Indian would be a really close second.
- Who is your ultimate OTP? (You can only pick one!)
Westley and Buttercup from The Princess Bride. If I can only pick one couple then they are definitely my ultimate ultimate OTP.
- What is the one thing you cannot leave the house without?
Definitely my iPod. I can, and have, left my Kindle at home and had nothing to read on the train to work which didn’t bother me as much as you’d think. I always double, triple, quadruple check I have my iPod with me because I can’t stand even a short journey without it.
- What is your favourite Spotify playlist to work/read/blog to? (Leave a link!)
I don’t actually use Spotify or 8tracks, or even create any playlists on my iTunes. However I did The Playlist Shuffle Tag a little while ago which should give you a pretty good idea of what my music tastes are and what I listen to while I read and blog.
- If you could go to any fictional world where would you go and why?
Same answer as for Heather’s (kind of related) question, definitely Wonderland. Yes it seems like a crazy place but it’s somewhere I’d love to be able to see and experience for myself. It’s still one of my favourite books so being able to live it would be an amazing experience.
Hogwarts is a close second though. I’d love to be able to attend Hogwarts school, and go to Hogsmeade and Diagon Alley. I think the closest I’ll ever get to it is the Wizarding World of Harry Potter (which I really want to go to one day).
- What book would you recommend to someone who wants to start getting into reading?
Honestly it depends on the genre but as fantasy is my go to I’ll stick with that one.
I would definitely recommend The Elemental Trilogy by Sherry Thomas; it’s a brilliant series (one of my favourites) and it’s full of magic, danger, espionage and cunning. It’s got a brilliant setting, two great main characters and an amazing romance story as well. I think it’s one of the best series to start off with if you’re new to the fantasy genre and it’s not a heavy trilogy either unlike some fantasy books out there.
- What is your favourite drink to settle down to read with?
Green tea. I drink loads of the fruit flavoured ones and my favourite is the Twinnings Apple and Pear Green Tea.
Favourites of Mine
Once again I feel as if I have run out of interesting and random facts about myself; so instead, for this award, I going with eleven of my favourites.
Favourite Movie: The Mummy
Favourite TV Show: Honestly I couldn’t narrow this down to just one so I’m going with my top three which are; Supernatural, iZombie and Brooklyn Nine-Nine.
Favourite Book: Once again I couldn’t pick just one so I’m going with a favourite from each genre. Contemporary is Jandy Nelson, historical is The Book Thief by Markus Zusak, paranormal is Carry On by Rainbow Rowell, and fantasy is A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab.
Favourite Author: Marissa Meyer
Favourite Food: Hawaiian (ham and pineapple) pizza
Favourite City: Amsterdam
Favourite Animal: Owl
Favourite Song: Warriors by Imagine Dragons
Favourite Artist: Fall Out Boy
Favourite Colour: Blue
Favourite Quote: “It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.”
Honestly though I think any J.K. Rowling quote would apply but this one is, at the moment, my favourite.
- You’re trapped on a desert island and can only take three things with you; what are they?
- What is the best book you’ve read so far this year?
- What would be your dream job?
- Do you have any pets? If yes tell us about him/her, with photos please. If not what you be your dream pet, it can be an actual animal or a mythological one.
- What is your most anticipated book release for this year?
- If you had the power to erase one book to film/TV show adaptation from existence what would it be and why?
- Other than blogging/reading, what is your favourite thing to do in your spare time?
- What was the last book you brought?
- If you could have one superpower what would it be and why?
- Do you have a go-to snack for when your reading or blogging, what is it?
- The story of your life is being made into a film, which actress would you pick to play you and why?