Everyone loves a little romance and I’m no exception. One of my favourite things about reading is coming across a fluffy romance between two characters I can root for from the beginning. I love romance, as long as it’s well written. I was tagged by Meghan at Meghan’s Whimsical Explorations and Reviews. Thanks so much for the tag Meghan, I had a lot of fun with this one so I hope you enjoy reading my answers just as much.
- Please pingback Kate at Melting Pots and Other Calamities. Please pingback a specific post, so that she’ll get notification.
- You can choose ten romance fails from any media you like: books, movies, anime, manga, T.V shows, or Webtoons. You can even mix them up if you want.
- You can choose funny fails or serious ones; for the serious ones, please phrase it humorously. Remember, this is a fun tag! It’s not meant to be serious.
- Mention who’s who in the fails. (e.g. who fails and who is the recipient of the failure). If there isn’t a recipient, per se, just state the couple (or non-couple).
- Optional: Rank the failures from least extreme to most extreme.
- Five failures at least.
- Tag as many people as you want, but at least one person.
Snow, Bale, Jagger, and Kai
Stealing Snow by Danielle Paige…
…Because I’m not even a fan of love triangles and this book had a love square. I can’t even say who’d I’d prefer Snow to end up with because I don’t think she had chemistry with any of the male love interests.
Clary and Jace
City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare…
…Because in the second book they think they’re siblings and no…just no!
Granted by the end of the third book, which is as far into The Mortal Instruments series as I’ve gotten, I loved seeing Clary and Jace together again.
Nina and Matthias
Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo…
…Because they deserved a happy ending! I was rooting for them from the very start and I’m still heartbroken by how their story finished.
Nathan and Gabriel
Half Lost by Sally Green…
…Because, like Nina and Matthias, Nathan and Gabriel deserved a happy ending. How could Sally Green end Half Lost like that? How?
Rose and Scorpius
Harry Potter and the Cursed Child by J.K. Rowling…
…Because everyone knows it’s supposed to be Albus and Scorpius who end up together, not Rose and Scorpius.
- Kat at Life and Other Disasters
- Malanie at Malanie Loves Fiction
- Marie at Drizzle and Hurricane Books
- Nia at Shades of Paper
What is one of your romantic fails in fiction? Would any of the couple I picked make your list as well or were you a fan of the Snow/Bale/Jagger/Kai love square in Stealing Snow? Do you think Nathan and Gabriel deserved better, or do you prefer how the trilogy left their situation? Are you a fan of Scorpius and Albus or Scorpius and Rose? Let me know, and if there’s anyone out there who wants to take part consider yourself tagged.