I was tagged by Taylor at The Book Wench. Thanks so much for the tag Taylor, I had a lot of fun answering your questions and I hope you enjoyed reading them as much.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link to their blog in your post.
- Answer the questions that the blogger who nominated you has provided.
- Nominate ten other bloggers (or up to 10).
- Create ten questions for your nominees and notify them of their nominations.
- Which book is one of your guilty pleasure reads?
I’m going to have to go with anything from the YA contemporary genre. It doesn’t really matter what book it is or even what author it’s by; as long as it is light and fluffy story with a cute romance and a happy ending then it counts as a guilty pleasure read for me.
- What is your favourite book quote of all time?
“I wanted to tell the book thief many things, about beauty and brutality. But what could I tell her about those things that she didn’t already know? I wanted to explain that I am constantly overestimating and underestimating the human race—that rarely do I ever simply estimate it. I wanted to ask her how the same thing could be so ugly and so glorious, and its words and stories so damning and brilliant.
None of those things, however, came out of my mouth.
All I was able to do was turn to Liesel Meminger and tell her the only truth I truly know. I said it to the book thief and I say it now to you.
I am haunted by humans.”
– The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
- What book are you most looking forward to reading?
A Conjuring of Light by V.E. Schwab. I cannot even begin to fully explain how much I need this book in my hands right now. After the ending of A Gathering of Shadows, the cliffhanger ending no less, I have been desperate to find out how everything turns out for Lila, Kell and Rhy in the third and final book.
- Who is your favourite person in all of history, dead or alive, and why?
Favourite is probably the wrong word to use but the person I was most interested in learning about was Jack the Ripper because there is just so much we don’t know about him and his crimes, even now. Last year I went on a Jack the Ripper walking tour with my parents and we learnt a lot more about his crimes and Whitechapel at that time.
- If you had to give up one of your senses, which one would you choose?
Smell. I can’t give up my sight because I love reading too much, and I can’t give up my hearing because I love listening to music too much. I love food and I’m a very tactile person so that rules out taste and touch as well. Smell was the only sense left I felt I could sacrifice.
- What is your favourite non-domesticated animal?
I’m not sure if owls count because I know some people keep them as pets. If they do owls are my all-time favourite animal, if not then either the highland cow or the ibex. Honestly though I could say any animal is a favourite of mine.
- If you could read one book for the first time all over again, which book would it be and why?
The default answer is always going to be Harry Potter but there are so many favourite books of mine that I would love to read again, just to experience the story anew and not know what’s going to happen next like I do when I re-read them. The Daughter of Smoke and Bone series, the Penryn and the End of Days trilogy, When the Moon Was Ours, Six of Crows, Wolf by Wolf, The Lunar Chronicles, Illuminae; I could go on like this for hours.
- What book that is relatively under the radar do you wish more people would read?
The Immortal Descendants series by April White. This is an incredible time travel series which I discovered a couple of years ago and fell in love with. I am a massive fan of time travel books so saying this is a favourite of mine is high praise indeed. The history is well researched, the characters incredibly developed and the stories just brilliant. Plus the first book is currently available for free on Kindle so you have nothing to lose downloading it and reading it.
- What are some of your favourite hobbies?
Other than reading the main one is baking. I haven’t made anything in a while but plan to for Christmas, and there are so many recipes I want to try which hopefully I’ll get around to in 2017. I guess you could say travelling is a hobby of mine as well; although I don’t have the time or money to do that as often as I’d like.
- What is a word that you love and what is a word that you hate?
I’m not sure if there are any words I love per say. There are certainly words I use more often than others, and if we’ve been speaking a while you can probably guess what they are; ‘excellent’, ‘anyways’, ‘you know’. Words I hate are words like ‘forwarded’, with a double D sound on the end. I tend to get them stuck in my brain and add to many ‘ed’s’ on the end.
I’m doing a little something different when it comes to the questions this time around. Instead of coming up with my own I’m going to ask people to answer some of my favourite questions that I got for my one year blogiversary Q&A. I hope you all have as much fun answering them as I did.
Credit goes to the bloggers who came up with these in the first place.
- If you could have your pick of any upcoming ARC to read and own, what would it be and why? (Stephanie at Teacher of YA’s Book Blog)
- If you could commission any author to write a book just for you, who would it be? (Jackie B at Death by Tsundoku)
- If you could attend any Hogwarts classes, what would they be? (Lauren at Wonderless Reviews)
- Would you rather spend the whole of a year reading and blogging about books or stop blogging for 12 months if it meant you could spend three days hanging with your favourite author? Who’s the favourite author in this case? (Liz at Cover to Cover)
- If you were a plant or a flower, which one would you be? (Donna at Chocolatenwaffles’ Blog)
- Do you play The Sims? What’s your favourite way of killing them? (Donna at Chocolatenwaffles’ Blog)
- If you had to choose one villain to transport from any book which one would you pick? (Melissa at Book Nerd Momo)
- What’s your favourite post you’ve written this year? (Sammie at Bookshelves & Biros)
- If you could go anywhere in the world right now, where would you go? (Marie at Drizzle and Hurricane Books)
- If you wrote an autobiography, what would the title be? (Megan at Bookslayer Reads)
- Alex at Young at Heart
- Donna at Chocolatenwaffles’ Blog
- Fadwa at Word Wonders
- Gretchen at Chic Nerd Reads
- Kirstie at Upside-Down Books
- Lauren at Wonderless Reviews
- Lilly at Lair of Books
- Melissa and Book Nerd Momo
- Michelle at Book Adventures
- Stephanie at Teacher of YA’s Book Blog