I always love being nominated for awards like this, it really makes me feel that people out there are enjoying my blog and the content I’m posting. Before now I hadn’t been tagged in the Real Neat Blog Award so obviously I was thrilled to be nominated.
I was tagged by both Lauren at Wonderless Reviews and Sammie at Bookshelves & Biros. Thank you both so much for the nomination; everyone else should definitely check out Lauren’s and Sammie’s original posts and while you’re there check out their blogs as well.
- Thank and link the blogger that nominated you.
- Answer the 7 questions that the nomination has provided you.
- Create 7 questions for your nominees.
- Nominate 7 other bloggers.
- What was the last song you listened to?
Lorde, Everybody Wants to Rule the World
- The world is ending and you only have time to read one more book, what do you choose?
Even though it’s a favourite series of mine, and it seems to be everyone’s answer for questions like these, my answer wouldn’t be Harry Potter. It would actually be Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll. It’s one of the very first books I can remember reading and loving as a child so I feel it would be kind of fitting for it to be the last book I read before the world ends.
- Your current phone/computer background?
My phone background is one of the default iPhone wallpapers, boring I know. My computer background on the other hand is an image of where I’m going on holiday next, at the moment as my next holiday is to the Algarve that’s my desktop background for both my work and personal laptops. Nothing works better for me when I’m stressed than looking at the sun, sand and sea and knowing soon I’ll be there.
- What’s your Star Sign? Do you believe in Astrology?
I’m a Gemini, and although I enjoy reading my horoscopes and looking into astrology I don’t think I actually believe in it. I like to believe my life isn’t being decided by the stars or when I was born.
- Besides Harry Potter, what book world would you most like to live in?
Normally if I can’t pick Harry Potter my default answer would be Wonderland, instead I’m going to choose something different. Red London from the Shades of Magic series. I love London, I’m lucky enough to work there and live nearby so whenever I have a free moment I explore the city as much as I can, but living in a London with magic would be even more amazing.
- Zombies are attacking and you get to choose 3 or 4 fictional (books/movies/TV) characters to help you fight. Who do you pick?
Penryn from the Penryn and the End of Days series. I feel she can handle herself well in an apocalypse, and taking down zombies has got to be a lot easier than taking down angels.
Cinder from The Lunar Chronicles. As a mechanic, a Lunar, and a cyborg I’m honestly not sure what Cinder wouldn’t be able to do to help me survive if the zombies ever attacked
Kestrel from The Winner’s Trilogy. She’s a brilliant strategist in all three books and that would definitely come in handy more than a few times, especially if I ever found myself cornered.
Iolanthe from The Elemental Trilogy. She’s the greatest mage of her time, and there is not situation I can think of where magic wouldn’t be useful.
- Do you have any pets? Tell me about them! Photos encouraged if you have any so I can cry over the cuteness. Otherwise if you could have any pet in the world that you wanted, what would it be?
I have one dog, his name is Tommy and he is a retired racing greyhound. We got him just after Christmas in 2014 and at first it was a little strange, we hadn’t had a dog in the house since our first pet died when I was seven, but now I can’t imagine life without him.
Tommy’s favourite thing to do is sleep, but he also loves going on walks and eating. I’m also under the impression he’s the most gorgeous dog in the world but I could be a little biased there.
- If you could have any food right here, right now, what would it be?
There are so many options I could choose, but I’ve been craving Chinese food for a while now so I have to say my usual take away order; satay chicken, sweet and sour chicken balls, and egg fried rice.
- What did you want to be when you grew up?
Lots of things actually, but the two options I seemed to go back and forth between the most when I was younger was a teacher or an actress. Then I grew up and realised neither would be suitable given that I have issues speaking in front of large groups of people.
- You get to go on a week-long clubbing holiday with three book characters – there will be sunburn, cocktails and bad dancing. Who would you choose and why?
Lily from P.S. I Like You. She’d know the best places to go to check out the latest up and coming bands that most other people wouldn’t have heard of.
Hanna from Gemina. Take away all the terror of the BeiTech attack and Hanna is definitely the ultimate party girl, she’d be a great person to hang out with for a week-long clubbing holiday.
Marguerite from A Thousand Pieces of You. I’m not going to lie my main reason for picking her is because she has the Firebird; how amazing would it be to party in various multi-verses.
- What’s your favourite fairy tale?
This will come as a surprised to absolutely no one when I say Alice in Wonderland.
- Describe your ideal reading spot. It doesn’t have to be a real place!
It’s more of a situation than a place. In my room, wrapped in my duvet with a mug of hot chocolate and suitable reading snacks. It’s winter outside so it’s cold and dark out but I’m warm and snug inside with a brilliant book.
- Would you rather fight ten guinea pig sized Voldemort’s, or one Voldemort sized guinea pig?
Ten guinea pig sized Voldemort’s. I wouldn’t be able to hurt an actual animal, no matter its size, and I think it would easy to defeat ten small Voldemort’s because all I’d have to do is step on them.
- What’s the worst book you’ve read in the last month and why?
This is a really hard one for me because there isn’t a book that I’ve read which I would say is terrible but if I had to choose the worst, and I’m using this loosely because it’s in no way a terrible book at all, it would be And I Darken.
I still thought it was an amazing book, it got a four star review for me, but it’s up against tough competition and when it comes down to it it just can’t beat the other books I read this month.
- If you could pick one book to read again for the first time what would it be?
- You find a genie in a lamp, what three things would you wish for?
- If you could pluck any one character out of any book for an hour so you could meet them in real life who would you choose and why?
- Pick three of your favourite characters and assign them Hogwarts houses. Where do you think they’d be sorted and why?
- Where is your next travel destination. If you haven’t got any holidays planned where would you love to go more than anywhere else in the world?
- Which book world would you not want to live in and why?
- What is one item on your bucket list that you want to do before you die?