“Mystery Blogger Award” is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion.
I’ve taken part in The Mystery Blogger Award before, but a new nomination and new questions mean I’m back taking part in it again. I was tagged by Naty at Naty’s Bookshelf and The Book Reader. Thanks both so much for the tag, I had a lot of fun answering your questions for this one so I hope you enjoy reading my answers just as much.
- Put the award logo/image on your blog.
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link to their blog as well.
- Tell your readers three things about yourself.
- Answer questions of nominator.
Nominate 10-20 people. Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question.
- Share your link to your best post(s).
Three Things About Myself:
- I can’t tolerate caffeine or chocolate; too much of either gives me really bad headaches. It’s been years since I’ve had coffee, which is a shame because I love mochas, and I’d like to say it’s been years since I’ve had chocolate but I’m weak for chocolate (who isn’t?)
- I love animals; it doesn’t matter if they’re cute and fluffy like dogs or not so cute and fluffy like snakes if it’s an animal chances are I love it. My favourite animals are owls, narlwhals and sloths, but my favourite favourite animal is my dog Tommy.
- I suffer from anxiety (which I have mentioned before) and had a really bad turn at the end of last year so I’m making very active changes to improve my life so I have a better 2019. I’m focusing on my health and trying not to stress too much because that makes my anxiety worse.
- What bookish universe did you find easiest to get immersed into?
The first bookish universe which comes to mind is Red London from the Shades of Magic trilogy. I live close to London and spend the majority of my time there so it was really easy to see the world Schwab created in my mind. I actually want to live there because the only thing better than London is a London where magic is real.
The second is Prague from the Daughter of Smoke and Bone. I fell in love with the way Laini Taylor wrote the city, and actually travelled to Prague because of the first book. The bookish universes I find it easiest to immerse myself in is the real world with a dash of magic.
- What is a bookish trope you hate?
Love triangles; I don’t mind them if they’re well written, though I’ve only really read one series where the love triangle has been well written, but most times they’re just thrown in to add tension and instead they take so much away from the plot or individual character development.
- And what bookish trope you don’t mind reading?
If it’s not a love triangle or insta-love there aren’t really any tropes I hate reading. My favourites are enemies to lovers, like Simon and Baz from Carry On, friends to lovers, like Monty and Percy from The Gentleman’s Guide to Vice and Virtue, and sarcastic wise-cracking characters, like Thorne from The Lunar Chronicles.
- Suggest a diverse book!
I have read so many incredible diverse books but my favourites are by Anna-Marie McLemore and Adam Silvera; their stories are beautifully written and full of LGBTQ+ characters. Also while I didn’t enjoy Leah on the Offbeat as much as I’d hoped Simon Vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda and The Upside of Unrequited by Becky Albertalli are incredible reads too.
- FUN/WEIRD Question: If you were a beverage, which would you be and why?
Pepsi Max Cherry; I can drink litres of it every day. My friend once said if she cut me I’d bleed fizzy drinks so yeah if I was a beverage it would definitely be that one.
The Book Reader’s Question
- Which fandom universe would you prefer to be a part of?
Is it too cliché to say the Harry Potter universe? Even if it is it has to be my answer for this question. I grew up reading the books and watching the films, and when I think of my favourite series it’s the first that comes to mind. I want to visit Weasleys’ Wizard Wheezes in Diagon Alley, head to Honeydukes in Hogsmeade, and study Defence Against the Dark Arts at Hogwarts.
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live and why?
Amsterdam. I travelled there for a weekend city break with my family a few years back and fell in love. It’s the only place, besides Southend where I currently live and London where I will soon be living, that I could see myself making a home in. It’s a beautiful city, and it just felt like me.
- Classic Disney movies or Disney Pixar? Why?
Classic Disney. I grew up watching films like The Jungle Book, Peter Pan and The Fox and the Hound, and while Disney Pixar have some great films which I have loved nothing can replace the Classic Disney movies just because of the nostalgia they have for me.
- If you’re a student, what do you study? If you work, where do you work?
I work for Marks and Spencer’s at their Paddington head office. I’ve been there for four and a half years now and sometimes it feels like much longer. I started off as an Allocator and worked my way up to a Senior Allocator, to a BU Allocation Planner, to my current role as a Planner.
- If you could time travel, where would you go?
There are a lot of personal points in my life I’d like to re-do, and also I think it would be interesting to go into my future and see how things turn out (plus find out the winning lottery numbers!) If I’m thinking less personal I’d want to go back to the Victorian era, or maybe even all the way back to ancient Greece.
My Favourite Blog Post:
My favourite posts have been the ones that focus on my loves outside of reading; the discussions on my NaNoWriMo progress, the tags that go into more detail on my WIP characters, the Reading Around the World posts which bring back so many memories of my favourite holidays.
I’m not going to tag anyone in The Mystery Blogger Award, but if there’s anyone out there who wants to take part consider yourself tagged.
What bookish universe did you find it easiest to get immersed into, and which fandom universe would you love to be a part of? If you were a beverage which one would you be? Do you prefer Classic Disney movies like me, or do you think Disney Pixar films are better? Let me know.