I haven’t been nominated for the One Lovely Blog Award before, so I was thrilled to be tagged by Shameeka at Shameeka’s Fictional World, Lorryn at Reading Parental, and Naty at Naty’s Bookshelf. Thanks so much for the tag everyone, I had a lot of fun with this one so I hope you enjoy reading my answers just as much.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to them
- Share 7-15 facts about yourself
Nominate 9-15 bloggers you admire and contact them
Seven Facts About Me:
- I love roller coasters. The faster, the higher, the more upside-down loops the better. Unfortunately all my friends hate them so the only person who I can go on insane roller coasters with is my sister; her boyfriend hates them as well so it’s the same situation for her.
- I’m a very time-orientated/ schedule-orientated person. You’d think this would make my life in general more organised, but when you mix those two aspects of my personality with my tendency to procrastinate that’s not the case.
- History has become one of my favourite subjects, and it’s the reason why I love time travel books so much. Looking back I wish I’d carried on with history as one of my GCSE/A Level subjects, but as I can’t do that it’s just going to stay a newly-discovered passion of mine.
- I’m not a very patient person, like at all. It makes it hard to wait for parcels to arrive, for books to be released, or even just walking behind a really slow person on the pavement.
- I find it hard to do anything in complete silence, and just can’t concentrate if there’s no background noise. I listen to podcasts while at work and listen to music on the commute as I read, and I’ll always have the TV or a movie on in the background each evening as I’m blogging.
- I have a very bad habit of imagining the worst possible outcome of a situation and convincing myself that it will end up being the actual outcome. It doesn’t even need to be big things; if I’m sending an important email at work I’ll somehow convince myself, despite the fact I know it will never happen, the Outlook just mysteriously ate my email, it never arrived, and I’ll end up getting fired.
- Something that motivates me more than anything else is someone telling me I can’t do something, and not because I’m not allowed but because they don’t think I can do it. Even if it wasn’t meant in a bad way I’ll push myself harder to succeed simply out of spite.
I’m not going to nominate anyone for this award, so instead tell me a fact about yourself or let me know if there are any facts we share.
Are you a fan of fast, high, upside-down-looping roller coasters like me, or do you hate them like my friends? Do you prefer background noise or complete silence when you’re blogging? What are you motivated by more than anything else?