Bloggers are (let’s just be honest here) the absolute best. There’s so much diversity and personality and creativity in this community—and what better way to celebrate those things than by spending the next twelve hours of our lives hunting down and collaging the images that best reflect our individual awesomeness?
Ever since I saw this tag when it was created and posted on Liam at Hey Ashers! blog I’ve wanted to take part, and now I’ve finally got around to it. I was tagged by Diana at Diana Prince Reviews, Fadwa at Word Wonders, and Marie at Drizzle and Hurricane Books. Thanks so much for the tag everyone, I had a lot of fun with this one.
- Collect any number of images that you feel represent you as a person—your personality, aspirations, favourite things, anything at all that makes you you.
- Put your chosen images together into a collage of whatever size and shape you find pleasing.
- Share your masterpiece with everyone, in all the places.
- Maybe nominate other bloggers as a way to tell them, “Hey, you, I think you’re awesome, and we should celebrate that awesomeness.”
- Share these rules (and maybe the below tips, if you’re feeling helpful).
- Find inspiration by spending (minimum) three hours scrolling through aesthetic Tumblr posts relevant to you.
- Two great places to hunt for pictures are Pinterest and WeHeartIt. Pinterest requires an account; WeHeartIt does not.
- PicMonkey’s collage editor is free to use and doesn’t require an account, heck yes. YouTube has plenty of tutorials on how to use it; I watched this one (which begins with tips on how to find decent photos).
(n) The act of buying a book and leaving it unread, often piled together with other unread books.
Books are a major part of my personal aesthetic, because reading is a major part of my life. Winnie the Pooh was the first story I fell in love with as a young child, but it was J.K. Rowling’s Harry Potter series that changed my enjoyment of reading to an all-consuming love. Through reading I discovered blogging and through blogging I’ve discovered the very best books, and the very best people.
(n) An urge to travel even stronger than wanderlust.
Travel is another great love in my life; I want to see the whole world, or as much of it as I can. My favourite cities so far are Amsterdam, Rome, New York, San Francisco and London. London is a city close to my heart; I work in the city and there’s still so much I want to see and discover.
My aesthetic also represents my love of music – I always have to have something playing on my iPod when I leave my house – nail polishes – I try and make the time to paint my nails with new colours at least once a week – and baking – granted it’s been a while since I last baked but I still love it.
And if there’s anyone else out there who wants to take part, consider yourself tagged. Just send me a link to your post in the comments so I can see what your answers are.