As I feel like I am steadily running out of interesting facts about myself (I’m not that interesting people) I went with a themed fact list for this award and picked seven blogging facts about myself. Basically this became an excuse to look back over the past year and a bit of blogging on Reading Every Night and reflect a little.
I was nominated by Grace at Kimmie.gg, Emma at After Butterfly Rain, and Meghan at Meghan’s Whimsical Explorations and Reviews. Thanks so much all three of you for nominating me for this award. It was great being able to take part again and I hope you enjoyed reading the facts I’ve come up with.
- Show the award on your blog.
- Thank the person that has nominated you.
- Share 7 different facts about yourself.
1510 blogs of your choice.
- Link your nominees and let them know of your nomination.
Seven Blogging Facts About Me:
- Since I started blogging back in November 2015 I have published 377 posts. Only 147 of those have been book reviews which means the other 230 posts have been a mixture of tags and awards, recaps and book hauls, and miscellaneous travel posts scattered here and there.
- I have never given a book a one star rating. For me one star ratings are for books I just couldn’t finish and, while there have been a couple that could have applied, I’ve always managed to get through all the books I’ve picked up since I started blogging.
- This will probably come as no surprise to anyone but my most read genre is fantasy. I have reviewed 65 fantasy books and this isn’t counting the other genres that could fall under the fantasy genre; sci-fi (Illuminae and the like), magical realism (Bone Gap, etc.), and paranormal (The Raven Cycle series, among others).
- With the publication of this award I am now just over five months behind on the tags and awards I’ve been nominated for but have yet to post. That’s really bad and I have no excuse for letting it get that way either. Sorry everyone.
- I’m still not 100% sure how I came up with the name for this blog. In the run up to starting Reading Every Night I knew I wanted to start a blog, and I knew what I wanted to write about as well, but I was stumped on the name. I think I just played around with words and phrases that featured ‘books’ and/or ‘reading’ until I found one that hadn’t already been taken.
- In the year and a bit I’ve been blogging nothing about my design or the structure of my reviews has changed. If you go back to the very first review I published it should look the same as the latest one, although hopefully my writing will have improved a little. I think that means it’s beyond time for a change. (Stay tuned for more info on that.)
- The achievement I am most proud of is reaching my one year blogiversary back in November 2016. I’ve said this before so I’m sure everyone is aware but I started and failed three blogs before this one so when I first posted on Reading Every Night I never dreamt I’d make it this far, but I did and it was the best feeling in the world. Thanks for sticking with me this long everyone.