This is actually the fourth time I’ve been nominated for the Liebster Award, but the questions are always different and I always have so much fun answering them that I didn’t mind doing it again. I was tagged by Grace at Kimmie.gg. Thanks so much for the tag Grace, I had a lot of fun answering these questions and I hope you enjoyed reading them as much.
- Acknowledge the blog that nominated you and display the award.
- Answer 11 question that the blog gives you.
- Give 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5-11 blogs you think are deserving of the award
that have less than 200 followers.
- Let the blogs know you have nominated them.
- Give them 11 questions to answer.
- Why did you begin blogging?
The main reason, the only reason actually, was because I needed people to talk to about the books I read. I read really quickly compared to my friends so when I’d finished what had become a new favourite book of mine none of my friends had even started on it. I figured if I started blogging then there’d always be at least one person in the blogosphere who’d read whatever book I wanted to rave about and would be willing to talk to me about it.
- What’s your favourite movie and why?
The Mummy. I’m not sure why but I’ve loved it ever since I first saw it and of all the movies I own, which is a lot but still nowhere close to the amount of books I own, it’s the one I’ve re-watched the most as well. Most evenings I’ll put the DVD on and play The Mummy in the background while I’m reading or blogging.
- Where is your next travel destination?
I’m not actually quite sure. If my friend is still up for it I may be heading to Amsterdam over the Easter weekend, but if she isn’t I am in the process of booking Krakow with my sister, my mum and one of my mum’s friends. Just depends on my friend which one of these holidays will come first.
- What is an item on your bucket list?
There are a lot of items on my bucket list but one I added recently (because me and my sister are planning a trip there next year) is to go sky diving over the Palms in Dubai. That’s one I’ll be able to cross off soon-ish.
- Where do you buy most of your books from?
It used to be Amazon but recently I’ve been buying more from Waterstones for a few reasons. One is that I discovered the Piccadilly Circus branch of Waterstones which is the biggest and best of them all. Two is that I don’t have to wait for my books to be dispatched and delivered after I’ve brought them, I can just walk out the shop and start reading them the same day. Finally three is that they do Reward Points cards, so every time I spend £10 I get a stamp and when I get ten stamps I get £10 off my next purchase; it’s basically an incentive to buy there more than anywhere else.
- If you could give advice to your 10 year old self, what would it be?
You won’t keep any of the friends you made in primary school, but that’s OK because you’ll make better ones in high school who you will remain friends with for life.
- Who is your role model? (Can include fictional characters as well)
I wouldn’t say I have role models when it comes to historical or famous people, or fictional characters even, the people I look up to the most are probably my friends and family so I guess you could say they’re my role models.
- What career path is your ideal choice?
In an ideal world it’s to be a journalist. However I am not sure if that will ever happen because I have no clue where I’d even begin trying to find a job in that field. In my current job I have no idea where my career path is taking me but it’s something I’m trying to work out at the moment.
- If life handed you lemons, what would you do with them?
Keep them and use them to make baked goods; cupcakes, cookies, cakes, etc. I’m not going to turn my back on free lemons.
- What is your earliest memory?
I have no idea how old I am but I’m sitting in the front of a double pram with my sister in the back, so I’m guessing I’m two and a half, maybe three but no older than that. Our mum is pushing us and it’s raining outside so there’s a protector over the pram to shield us from the rain, and we’re just waiting to cross the road, and that’s pretty much it.
- If you had a superpower, what would it be and why?
I’d love to have teleportation. The main reason is because at the moment I have an hour and a half commute to work each day, there and back, and I just think if I could teleport I could go from home to work and back again in a second and it would give me so much spare time. Also on days like today when there are tube strikes on which adds an hour to my journey, on top of the hour and a half each way it already is, teleportation would just take all the hassle out of getting to work on time.
Random Facts About Me
- I have a pretty good head for numbers which I like to think makes up for the fact that my memory for names is terrible. Either way being good with numbers certainly comes in handy in my job.
- I am either the messiest and most disorganised person you will ever meet, or the cleanest and most organised person you will ever meet; there is literally no in between.
- While I am very on top of new books I am really not on top of new TV series. I have a list of TV shows I need to get around to watching but instead I’ll choose to re-watch episodes of old favourites I’ve already seen more than a few times.
- I enjoy walking; if it’s a choice between walking, driving and public transport nine times out of then I will choose to walk to wherever it is I’m going.
- However I hate running with a passion. If you see me running chances are you should start running too because there is something very bad happening behind me.
- I pretty much love all animals in the world except geese due to a very traumatic incident when I was still in primary school.
- Currently I have an obsession with candles. They don’t even have to be bookish candles, though I do love those, if it smells pretty and you can light it on fire then I want it.
- I love music, in fact on a long journey I’d rather leave my Kindle at home and not have a book to read than leave my iPod behind.
- I love writing lists, I will write a list for pretty much anything and everything I have to do, so I’m going to try bullet journaling soon. I’ve seen pictures of other people’s bullet journals and they look so pretty I want to try it myself.
- A previous fact of mine was that I made it 25 years without breaking a bone in my body. Then I broke my toe in the most ridiculous way possible, by stubbing it on my bed.
- I never learnt how to do a cartwheel as a child and now I’m older I still can’t do one. I try, and it’s really embarrassing when my little cousins are cartwheeling all over the place and I’m not, but I just worry too much about falling flat on my face I can’t even convince myself to try it even once.
- How did you come up with the name for your blog?
- Is there anything that annoys you about blogging, if so what is it and why?
- What is the weirdest dream you can remember having?
- If you could take the place of one bookish character in their story, who would it be and why?
- What is the one thing, other than your phone/kindle/laptop/iPod, that you couldn’t live without?
- Pick one word to describe the last book you read?
- What’s the most fascinating thing you’ve encountered this week?
- Who is your favourite person in all of history, dead or alive, and why?
- If you had to give up one of your senses, which one would you choose?
- What’s your favourite poem?
- Do you have a Goodreads reading challenge for this year, if so what is it?
- Donna at ChocolatenWaffles’ Blog
- Liam at Hey Ashers!
- Lilly at Lair of Books
- Megan at Bookslayer Reads
- Melissa at Book Nerd Momo