I can be a massive fangirl at times; mainly for books and new releases which, if you’ve been following me for long enough, you are probably well aware of by now, but there are plenty of other things I find myself fangirling over now and again. I was nominated for this award by Lila at The Bookkeeper’s Secrets. Thanks so much for the tag Lila, while I’ve already been nominated for this award once before I loved being able to take part in it again.
- Create a post to accept your award.
- Answer the questions I have at the end.
- Nominate between 5-10 book bloggers who you think also deserve this award.
- Come up with your own 5 questions for your nominees.
- If you could dye your hair any colour, which colour would you choose?
I’ve never dyed my hair before, and honestly I don’t think I ever will. I love my original hair colour, it’s one of my favourite things about my appearance. However I did love the pastel hair colour trends that seemed to be everywhere a few years back. If I ever decided to dye my hair one day, and I thought it would actually suit me, I would dye my hair a pastel shade of either blue or purple, or maybe even a mixture of both.
- What’s your favourite season and why?
Definitely winter, more specifically winter before Christmas has come and gone. There is nothing I love more than being wrapped up in a duvet with a mug of hot chocolate and a movie playing on the TV or a good book to read while it’s cold, dark, and just miserable outside. Plus everything is so festive and there’s that anticipation in the air knowing Christmas is close; there’s nothing else like it.
- Who are three of your favourite characters, what Hogwarts house do you think they would be in, and why?
I couldn’t pick my three favourite characters because I couldn’t narrow it down. I have so many favourite books and even more favourite characters and in the end it was impossible to choose. So instead I picked the three main characters from the three most recent books I read.
I’m currently reading Wolf by Wolf, I just finishing This Savage Song and before that I finished Percy Jackson and the Last Olympian.
Yael from Wolf by Wolf
Yael is definitely Slytherin in my mind, and she was the only character who I picked one house for a stuck with that pick until the end. Yael is cunning, determined, tricky, and not afraid to go after her goal even if it means hurting people in her way. She’s not evil by any definition of the word, and she does care for the people close to her, but at the same time she understands that to reach her goal sacrifices sometimes need to be made. She is a tough character, forged in fire with a tough background which has only made her stronger.
Kate from This Savage Song
I had trouble deciding whether to class Kate and as Ravenclaw or a Slytherin at first but finally settled on Ravenclaw. While she does have traits that would fit well in Slytherin they feel more like a mask she wears to fit into her father’s world and prove she is a worthy heir. In reality Kate is sharp and clever; she knows how to read people and turn their impressions to her advantage. She detects a monster at her school when no one else does but when it comes down to it she uses him for information rather than to gain position, power and respect from her father.
Percy Jackson from Percy Jackson and the Last Olympian
I couldn’t pick just one house for Percy. Gryffindor is an obvious pick because Percy is brave and courageous and would fit so well into that house. He leads the rest of Camp Half-Blood into battle and fights to the end with a huge amount of strength and bravery. However at the same time he has a lot of traits that would fit him into Hufflepuff; the main ones being loyalty, dedication, hard-work. Percy protects his friends and even when things aren’t easy he still keeps going, he never falters in his views of right and wrong when he faces down Kronos.
- What’s a song that makes you just wanna dance?
Taylor Swift, Shake it Off
Literally every time this song comes onto my iPod, which is quite often because it’s on a lot of the playlists I listen to daily, I want to start dancing. I resist the urge, it would be really awkward if I started dancing on the train to work one morning.
- What’s one of your quirkiest traits?
I have a few quirky traits, or what I would define as quirky, but the one which always seems to shock everyone is the fact that whenever at a bar or restaurant a drink comes out with a lemon garnish in it I will eat it, rind and all. A couple of weeks ago while at a bar with my work colleagues I asked a friend if I could have the lemon in his drink and I ate it. Everyone was so shocked but it’s something I’ve done ever since I was a child. It’s gotten to the stage now where my friends will give me the lemon garnish in their drinks if we’re out without me needing to ask.
- The three main characters from the last three books you read are your partners in the zombie apocalypse. Who are they and do you think you’d survive the outbreak?
- If you could take one thing, be it a place, an event, a character, an object, out of any book and make it real what would you pick?
- The world is ending and you have just enough time to read one book, what would you choose and why?
- What is one thing you wish there was more of in the world?
- If you could have any superpower what would you choose, and what would be your origin story? (I already have one for my rise to supervillan status one day).