This is a scheduled post as I am currently in Venice for the weekend. I’m not sure if I’ll have a decent internet connection so I’ll reply to any comments when I’m home again on Tuesday. Happy reading everyone!
I seem to have come up with some more interesting facts about myself (honestly I was sure I was all out) and decided, rather than posting a tag I haven’t actually been tagged in, I’d get started in the ones in my queue.
I was nominated for this award by Reg at She Latitude. Thank you so so much for the nomination Reg, and to everyone else you should definitely check out her blog and original post. Reg is an amazing person with an awesome blog so if you aren’t following her already, why not?!
- Show the award on your blog.
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Share seven facts about yourself.
- Nominate fifteen blogs.
- Link your nominees and let them know of your nomination.
Seven Facts About Me:
- It is official I am now attending YALC 2016. I brought my ticket for the whole event on Thursday and now it’s official I am even more excited. Bring on July! I didn’t even know there was an event like this in the UK until a couple of weeks ago. Although this is my first YA book convention it is my fourth overall. I’ve been to three Supernatural conventions; two in Birmingham and another in Rome.
- It is my aim, by the time I’m 30, to have stepped on every continent. I’ve already crossed three off my list – North America, Africa, and obviously Europe – and I’m hoping to get to Asia and South America in the next two years but I have no clue how I’m going to do Antarctica. Anyone have any suggestions.
- I am currently planning a gap year (sort of) to spent time travelling around the world. I’ll take a career break from work for nine months and go to all the places I’ve always wanted to. In the end I’m not sure if anything will come of it, but it’s fun to roughly plan where I want to go if I’m ever stressed at work or just down on life in general.
- I manage to make it 25 years of my life without breaking a bone, then I broke the most ridiculous bone ever (one of my little toes) in the most ridiculous way possible (I stubbed it in my bed while taking off a sock).
- I’ve recently taken up yoga again. After a break of a year and a half – or thereabouts after I changed jobs – I am very rusty, and there are a few poses I hated back then and still hate now, but it’s a really good workout and I forgot how much I enjoyed it.
- I am scared of geese. When I was in primary school on a class trip to a farm/amusement park my friend and I walked too close to a flock of geese and, they obviously felt threatened, because they came running after us squawking and snapping. For a 9/10 year old it was terrifying and even now when I see a lone goose I give it a wide berth.
- While in Prague two years ago I became addicted to chimney cakes (Kürtőskalács if you’re a local), a spit cooked cake rolled in sugar and powdered cinnamon which is so amazingly yummy. I finally found them this weekend in Camden Market in the UK so I’m seeing a lot of trips there in the future! I wouldn’t say this is a fact more of a ‘oh my god I’m so excited I finally found these I have to tell someone.’
- Analee at Book Snacks
- Anna at My Bookish Dream
- Astra at A Stranger’s Guide to Novels
- Deanna at A Novel Glimpse
- Izzi at Ravenclaw Books
- Jenna at Fictional Neverland
- Jess at The Mud and Stars Book Blog
- Jill at Rant and Rave About Books
- Kai at Blackcatkai
- Kirstie at Upside-Down Books
- Lauren at Wonderless Reviews
- Lashaan& Trang at Bookidote
- Marie at Drizzle and Hurricane Books
- Sammie at Bookshelves & Biros
- Stephanie at Adventures of a Bibliophile