I was nominated by Felicia at Fell for Books. Thanks so much for the nomination Felicia. I’m sorry it took me a while to get around to this award but I am very behind on my tags and nominations. I am going to try and get back on track though, starting with this award which I was very excited to receive.
- Create a post to accept your award.
- Answer the questions I have at the end.
- Nominate between 5-10 book bloggers who you think also deserve this award.
- Come up with your own 5 questions for your nominees.
- What new book release are you most excited about?
Probably Heartless by Marissa Meyer. It’s not being released until November which is still so long away but her Lunar Chronicles series is my all-time favourite and I love Alice in Wonderland so the combination of Marissa Meyer and Lewis Carroll’s Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland is sure to produce a brilliant book. I can’t wait to read it.
- What’s your favourite genre at the moment?
Definitely time travel. There have been so many amazing books that have already been released in this genre, and they’ve all been five star reads for me; Passenger by Alexandra Bracken, Waging War by April White, The Girl from Everywhere by Heidi Heilig. And there are even more being released later this year that I cannot wait to get my hands on.
- Three books you want to re-read this year?
Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone by J.K. Rowling
Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor
The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
- What’s your favourite book of 2016 so far?
At the moment it’s probably Passenger by Alexandra Bracken, though there are a couple of others that are close to taking first place. I love time travel books and this is definitely one of the best, after the way it ended I cannot wait to get my hands on the second one.
- What book/book series do you think is overhyped?
Probably the Cassandra Clare series set in the Shadowhunter’s world. I really liked the original trilogy; City of Bones, City of Ashes and City of Glass, but to be honest now I think it’s just gone on too long. I haven’t read any of her other books; I gave up after reading Clockwork Angel and halfway through City of Fallen Angels and I don’t think I’ll be picking them up again anytime soon.
- If you could meet one author, dead or alive, who would it be and why?
- What was the last book you brought? Have you read it yet, and if so what did you think of it?
- What is your most anticipated release for next month?
- If you could pick one book to read again for the first time what would it be?
- Who would you say is your favourite book character of all time and why?