I was nominated by Isabella at Gryffindor Books. Thank you so much for the nomination Isabella; I’m still a little behind on my tags and nominations but I think I’m starting to catch up now, even though I have a few more in my pending list.
Here are the rules:
- Acknowledge the blog that nominated you and display the award.
- Answer 11 question that the blog gives you.
- Give 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5-11 blogs you think are deserving of the award that have less than 200 followers.
- Let the blogs know you have nominated them.
- Give them 11 questions to answer.
- Favourite type of weather?
Winter weather — There is nothing I love more than being wrapped up in a duvet with a mug of hot chocolate and a movie playing on the TV or a good book to read while it’s cold, dark, and just miserable outside.
- What actor/actress would you want to play you in a movie about your life?
Anna Kendrick — We don’t look anything alike but she seems like a funny and just generally great person; and not to mention a good actress, I loved her in Pitch Perfect.
- Last book you read and one word to describe it?
All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr
To be honest I don’t think just one word can really describe how amazing this story is. I don’t normally read books of this genre but I’d heard great things about All the Light We Cannot See and I just had to pick it up. Honestly the last part of this book literally destroyed me; parts were very hard to read but it was beautifully written and all together a wonderful and unforgettable story.
Sorry, that was way more than one word.
- What made you start blogging?
I’m not too sure if I can really narrow it down to any one thing. This is actually the fourth blog I’ve had, and the first blog solely dedicated to books and book reviews. My first three were more general lifestyle with some book reviews thrown in, kind of like a diary, but they kind of faded away. I realised how much I loved reviewing books and talking with different bloggers within the community, so Reading Every Night was born.
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
Either Amsterdam or San Francisco — I’ve been to both places recently and completely fell in love with both cities. Amsterdam is a beautiful place, unlike anywhere I’ve been before or since, and San Francisco has everything I loved about New York but without the horrendous crowds.
- Describe the best teacher you ever had in school
My GCSE maths teacher, Mr Green — When I took maths in year nine I seemed to lose all aptitude I ever had for the subject, and at the time I had a teacher who didn’t seem to care and so none of the students did either. My predicted grades for GCSE’s went down to an E. So when I started year ten I wasn’t expecting much from maths but the teacher I had that year, Mr. Green, genuinely seemed to care about making sure all of us got the best grades we could. He taught maths in a way that made me understand it again and my grade went from an E to a B which I am still so proud of.
- Favourite music artist?
I can’t really choose between Fall Out Boy and Imagine Dragons. They’re both amazing and to be honest I love any music of that genre.
- If you could go back in time and meet one dead person, who would it be and why?
King Arthur — I absolutely adore reading about all the old myths and legends from so long ago, and I would love nothing more than to travel back in time and meet all the legendary people who have become stories now; King Arthur and Merlin, Robin Hood. I’d love to spend a day just seeing their lives and experiencing everything they did. Ideally I’d love the power to time travel.
- If you could meet one author, who would it be and why?
Lewis Carroll — Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland is my all-time favourite children’s book and I would love to meet the man behind the story and have a chance to speak to him. I’d ask about how he came up with a world that’s so insane, wonderful, crazy and brilliant all at the same time, and a story that’s inspired so many other works and people as well.
- What type of phone do you have?
iPhone 5C — I used to have a Samsung Galaxy but I wasn’t keen on it (the screen was too big) and decide to try an iPhone with my next upgrade. I love it, I am definitely an Apple person rather than an Android.
- You can only read 5 books for the rest of your life: what are they?
The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern…because it is full of magic and I would love to live in a world where I can visit Le Cirque des Rêves.
Winter by Marissa Meyer…because The Lunar Chronicles has become one of my favourite series and the last book is a perfect end to Cinder’s journey.
Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone by J.K. Rowling…because it’s the first book I can remember reading, and probably the book that inspired my love of reading in the first place.
Passenger by Alexandra Bracken…because I love time travel books and this one has become one of my all-time favourites, I cannot wait to find out how it all ends.
Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor…because the writing is beautiful and full of magic, I never wanted this book or the series to end.
Random Facts About Me:
- I am currently trying to learn another language, starting with Italian.
- I’d pick Marvel over DC any day, I’m not a fan of Batman but I love Captain America.
- I recently started watching Brooklyn Nine-Nine, loved it, and binge-watched all available episodes in a couple of weeks. I adore comedy TV.
- I am not a patient person. It’s a major fault of mine, and waiting for new books to be released is my idea of one of the circles of hell.
- I really do not like fish. I will never ever be convinced to eat sushi, but my friend has convinced me to go to a Japanese restaurant next time we meet up.
- I’m really do not like geese. I’m terrified of them and have been ever since I was chased by a flock when I was in primary school.
- I can’t drink caffine, it gives me really bad headaches. So I have become addicted to fruit flavoured green teas; my favourite is Twinnings Apple and Pear.
- I buy, and own, a lot of notebooks. I always pick them up with so many ideas of what to do with them but then never actually go through with it so I end up with a shelf of empty, but really pretty, notebooks. Paperchase is hell for me because I could probably spend my whole salary in there.
- I used to suffer from really bad, anxiety-induced, panic attacks. They still sneak up on me every so often but now I feel I have a much better handle on them when they do come on.
- I am not good around large groups of people. I can be shy and withdrawn with most people unless I know them well, so large groups of strangers is a nightmare for me.
- I have a terrible memory for names. I am always getting people mixed up in my mind, and not because they look similar but because my brain makes random connections between them. Once I called my current boss by my old boss’s name, not my best day ever.
- E-books or paperbacks/hardcovers?
- What is the best book you’ve read so far this year?
- If you could have any superpower what would you choose and why?
- Best and worst book-to-film adaptations you’ve seen?
- Favourite TV series?
- If you could relieve one day of your life what day would you pick?
- What has been your best or proudest moment as a blogger?
- If you could pick one book to read again for the first time what would it be?
- Favourite comfort food?
- If you could travel to any place in the world, real or fictional, where would it be?
- You find a genie in a lamp, what three things would you wish for?